The larger of the two churches built in the 14th century belonged
to the Knights Templars. When the last grand master and
their other leaders were burned as heretics in 1313, the
order came to an end and the church was left over to the
Knights Hospitalers who owned the adjoining building. The
building has been restored and is now being used by the
Cyprus Art Society.