The main church of the village of Trikomo was built in XII.
Century on a single platform and a single dome, the side
walls have indented arches. This type of Cypriot church can
be seen from XII. Century onwards. A northern vault and
platform was added to the building in XV. Century, the
additions were added at the later date. The church was
completely resorted in 1804. The modern bell-tower with
engraved marble panels situated in the north-east corner,
was most probably taken from an original iconanststen
banister. Most of the XII. Century wall paintings are
presently being preserved, the paintings were restored in
1966, the upper parts of the vaults were replastered, the
indents of the southern wall displaying paintings from XII.
Century were discovered in November 1967. After the
restoration by there TRNC Department of Antiquities and
Museums, the church was opened after "World Museum Day" an
23rd May 1991 under the title of Icon Museum of Iskele.